Sunday 28 October 2012

Ante Kitchen & Bar @ Solaris Dutamas

I have been patrolling Publika's area quite often recently, hunting for food. There are a lot of non-franchising cafes and bars around, serving my favourite breakfasts and western foods. :D I Google-d around to find a decent place for celebrating our third year anniversary of paktor-ing. XD Anyway, found this relatively new restaurant located at Solaris Dutamas, at the same row as Pappa Rich called Ante.


Ante~ Sounds like Auntie.


It was very empty as we reached at around 7pm but it was almost fully booked. Fortunately, there were still one or two empty tables left. :D The place was very dim, with yellowish lightning, quite romantic too if minus the customer crowd. Lol~


The empty cafe.


Ante serves mostly western cuisine raging from salad, burgers to steaks. The pricing is quite reasonable with main dishes at around RM30++. They serve pork dishes too! My favourite. :D The pork ribs sound not bad but we did not opt for that. Lol.


Salad~


The BF has a pint of the so-called "Super Dry" (what's that mean?) Asahi (RM26). Tasted watery. o.O First time drinking Asahi, does it taste so bland all the while? :(


Asahi~


Ordered a glass of Apple Juice (RM6) which is obviously not freshly squeezed. -.-"

Bottled Apple Juice.


We had a bowl of Mushroom Soup (RM12) as appetizer. It was creamy enough but was a little cold when served. :( Quite a lot of mushroom chunks but nothing compared to the one we had in The Daily Grind. That was superb. It came with some fried breadcrumbs, which I think was slightly too oily. I would prefer the normal ones, not fried.


Soup, got what soup? (From RK Curry House video.)


We browsed further at the appetizer items and found this interesting, the Cod Crab Mashed (RM18). Although it is called an "appetizer" but it came after the main dishes were served. Not a good idea. =.=" I do not like it as all. It was potato mashed with Cod (I did not find and taste that) and crab meat, then baked with cheese. The BF said it tasted like ordinary mashed potato but it tasted awful to me.


Yucks!


The saviour of the evening was my Char-Grilled Pork Chop (RM33), served in cream sauce with mashed potato and cooked apple (?). The pork chop was grilled to perfection. The meat was very tender and juicy although it was a little bit oily. The pork chop was very thick and I could not finish it by myself. I like this dish. :)


Fattening!


The BF had The Ante Pork Burger ((RM35). Came with pork patty, bacon slice, sliced onions and egg, served with fries. The BF struggled to eat it as it was very thick and the stuffs just got all over. The burger was as tasty too but I still prefer my pork chop. XD


Hello, huge burger.


We did not see any dessert item in the menu. So we headed to elsewhere so that we could complete our three-course dinner. Lol.


Not dessert.


Happy Belated Anniversary to us! :D


We are old! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment