Monday 28 January 2013

2012 Year End Trip @ Beijing Day 1

I did not realize I have been back from my China trip for a month. Yet, I still haven't write anything on Beijing (If la, anyone wants to read it). Have been working day and night, even on weekends and holidays. T.T FML.


On the Christmas Eve day, we took the intercity express leaving Tianjin to Beijing. That was after I got serious diarrhea and started to develop fever. The weather was so cold that I thought I was going to faint on our way to Beijing. After reaching the station, we took a bus and walked a distance to the hotel. We stayed in Hanting Express also, 天壇店. I think I fainted in the hotel before dinner and I slept through the Christmas Eve's night. It was supposed a happening night. We thought of going out to the town to see if there is any Christmas decors. T___T Pity the BF that he had to stay in the room, watched TV while I was still fainted.


My fever had not gone away on the next morning. However, I insisted to go out for a walk. It would be wasted if I just stayed in the hotel room for the rest of my holiday. So I took some aspirins and charcoal pills.   It was a beautiful morning. The place we stayed could see the view of The Temple of Heaven (天壇), freaking nice view.


Fantastic view from the hotel. It will be very nice during Spring I guess.


Our destination of the day was the Tiananmen Square (天安門廣場) and Forbidden City (故宮) of course.


Oh hai, Mao Ze Dong!


Did not really have anything for breakfast as their food are really oily. Scared scared. There was a stretch of shops at the street next to the place we stayed. Quite happening in the morning.... and full of.... spits... =.=!!!


Random street located beside the hotel.


We took the subway to Tiananmen Square after breakfast. It was sunny and super duper cold at the same time. I always hope that this can happen in Malaysia. My colleague always complaining that she is burned when she goes out for lunch with us. >.<"


The stray doggies were chilling~ XD


Since it was Christmas Day (and holiday), the square was freaking crowded. All I saw was humanzzz. A lot of humanzzzz. -.-"


If someone rolled down, I think he/she would be stamped to death. O.O


Behind the wall of Tiananmen is the Forbidden City. The entrance fee to it is RMB40 per person. The whole Forbidden City was very huge. We did not manage to visit all places as I was still a little bit drowsy. We spent about two hours there including our lunch time.


I could not open my eyes. -.-


Our plan was to linger around the place until sunset and we will watch sunset at Jingshan Park (景山). We heard that the view of Forbidden City from the park is amazing.


The palace that we always saw in Chinese dramas. XD


However, plan does not always go smoothly. :( While we were at the Imperial Garden (御花園), almost at the exit to Jingshan, my diarrhea stroke again thanks to the freaking oily lunch. I only ate like half of the portion and then my stomach was upset again. T___T


The Imperial Garden. Nothing to see in Winter. T.T


We had to go back to the hotel to rest again before I really bombed the whole Forbidden City. LOL. Frankly, I was upset that I could not go up to Jingshan but I really don't want ended up bombing the park before I could even see the sunset. XD


The BF insisted that I should rest at the hotel as I had not completely recovered yet. But I thought that we had gone so far, I did not want us just watch TV in the room. -.-" So I asked if we could go somewhere and I suggested to go to The Place (世貿天街). By the time we finished dinner, it was already almost 9pm. If I am not mistaken, the subways close at 10++pm. So we rushed over just to snap a few photos.


Walked very far before reaching. >.<


It was a short street decorated with Christmas stuffs. It has a big screen on top of the street. I called it the street with "Big TV" because I did not know what it was called. It houses a number of luxury brand shops and eateries.


Merry Christmas! From "Big TV"~


It was nicely lit and we spent roughly 30 minutes there before running back to the train station, so that we wont miss the last train.


Nice lights~


It was still considered a not-bad-day. Got to see Tiananmen, Forbidden City (Although could not stay until sunset) and The Place. Moreover, we did have a great dinner at the street near our hotel. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment