Wednesday 9 January 2013

2012 Year End Trip @ Tianjin

I had bought flight tickets from Air Asia two years back (I mean 2011, it is already 2013 and I always forgot :P) to Tianjin. Air Asia was still flying to Tianjin back then. I remember the time for the flights I chose was pretty nice. Who knows Air Asia stopped their Tianjin route and flies directly to Beijing instead. The timings of their flights to Beijing are freaking weird. We ended up departed at around 7pm and reached Beijing International Airport at 1++am. wtf. How were we going to reach the city at that kind of funny time. Air Asia, F U. We ended up sleeping at the airport until 6am when the Airport Express started to operate.


At airport. Look at the bald uncle sleeping behind. Lol.


I felt so shitty the next day. I could not get to sleep in the plane. I did not really sleep at the airport too. We were not the only ones. I saw a lot of Malaysians were camping at the airport. -.-" Air Asia, F U for making me felt like a zombie. Let's continue. We took the express to one of the MRT stations to board an intercity express train directly to Tianjin. Not bad, it took us around 30 minutes to reached Beijing South Station.


Me and the new bullet intercity train. :D


We took a bus from the station to 衛津路 where the hotel we were staying located. We stayed in Hanting Express, a hotel chain that we used to stay at during our visit in Hangzhou/Shanghai. The prices are quite reasonable and the rooms are acceptable. Nothing too fancy though. We chose the Big Bedroom. The bed there is very comfy, compared to the one we stayed in Beijing later on. >.<"


Comfy bed!


After got washed up, we took a bus to 濱江道, which is a street with a lot of shopping complexes and shops. The most happening place in Tianjin I supposed. It was freaking cold and the wind was killing me hardly. Lol. So I felt shitty + sick. Haha. I did get to buy a thicker Winter wear at one of the complexes when we went in to avoid the cold wind. Luckily I bought it, else I would have cold to death on a Tianjin street. =.="


Every time I want to take photo, there will be someone kacau. =.="


We walked across the street as the BF promised to show me a Pet Market. Not that I support those Pet Market but I just want to see their pets. Lol. On the way to our destination, there were a lot of stalls along the street, selling food and merchandises. I even saw some stalls selling fishes and puppies. OMG Why do you guys sell puppies like that? >o<"


A random street.


Btw, saw this small girl playing with a Pekingese puppy. Too cute. They look similar. Haha.


Cute


There were a lot of shops selling hamsters and chinchillas. The Roborovski hamsters there are very cheap at only RMB4. I bought my hamsters at RM19.90 each. You guys so high class. Lol. Their Robo has slight different face from ours. They have smaller ears and eyes. Lol Chinese Roborovski. They are super cute. XD


Aiyo. Why so cute?


That night we walked around the hotel area. The BF said he used to stay around there when he studied in Tianjin. It was too cold that I gave up halfway and we walked back to the hotel with some snacks. I was not used to the cold weather yet. I felt so uncomfortable. T.T Fast forward to next day. We walked to a nearby shop early in the morning for breakfast. I think it was around 7am. O.o We purposely woke up that early because the BF said he wanted to eat the local breakfast. Chinese get up so freaking early. =.=" Anyway, even the sparrows there are so round during winter.


Round round.


We then took a bus to 鼓樓 (Gu Lou. Lol. Direct translate). It an antique street that sells souvenirs/arts/food, where the shops did not open until around 10am. Zzzz. We reached there right after breakfast, which was around 8am. We lingered around the street and became frozen meat. >.<" It was so suffering and we hid in any shops that we found opened. E.g. 7-11. Haha. We even stopped by a restaurant from our second breakfast of the day.





Some shops were opened after our second breakfast. Most of the shops were selling clay dolls, chinese brush, the gourd (葫蘆) and weird feather dusters. Lol. First time seeing such a big and such a small feather dusters. Haha.


See those small ones, so funny.


I came across this shop where there was this very cool white dog standing by the door from inside. It patiently standing there still. When I walked closer, it wagged its tail without changing expression. Lol. So cute. Then I saw its master went into the shop from the outside and it happily ran back into the shop still wagging tail. Wow, the dog knew how to look after the shop while its master was away. Salute. I want such a dog~ XD


The dog. Not me.


We then walked over to 文化街 (The Culture Street), just some walking distance from 鼓樓. It is a place similar to 鼓樓, a merrier and bigger version though. There were more people there than in 鼓樓. More stalls. Still selling similar stuffs.





We bought some food back and rested at hotel before going to the BF's university for a visit in the evening. Their university is quite huge. Reminds me of 流星花園 (Meteor Garden, that movie.) Lol. We had quite an awesome dinner near the university and I ended up diarrhea the next morning. That was the day we needed to travel back to Beijing. Oh ya, I got fever after the intensive diarrhea too. FML.

1 comment:

  1. wow! Those feather dusters....really does appear very feather-ish

    ReplyDelete