Sunday 8 July 2012

Cristang, 8 Avenue @ PJ State

It was a Friday and my colleagues thought of going for something nicer for lunch. We had been having economic/chicken rice from those coffee shops most of the time. It is economic la but kind of boring after a long period (Actually not so long only, around 1 month lor~). A colleague suggested this place, he did not tell where it is at the beginning, he just directed us to the place. Looked at his cunning face, I predicted something not good. lol~ XD


So we jammed all the way to this 8 Avenue at PJ State. I am not really familiar with the place but it is not too far from the client office. :D He wanted to go to this Fusion restaurant called Cristang. Apparently, it has been there for quite some time and is quite well-known.


Glory Glory Porky~ XD


There were few tables of customers when we reached. The setting of the cafe is quite comfortable. They should upgrade their menu la. Those low quality printed A4 papers arranged in file folders look ugly and not attractive. They should have come out with some more appealing ones. :p They serve a lot of dishes with pork. Btw, the speed was quite slow. We ordered three burgers to share within five of us and we waited almost 30 minutes for the burgers to come.




The colleague suggested to order the Urban Legend which is one of the best/famous burger from the restaurant. :D The burger came with some greens and wedges as side dishes, and the buns are toasted fragrantly~ XD The highlight of this Urban legend is that the bend of "Petai" as its gravy. I never liked petai, the smell usually kills me. To my surprise, this one is just very delicious, very flavourful. The pork patty was cooked just nice. I enjoyed this and hoped that I would have the whole burger. Sorry that I cannot remember the price, but it was around RM30. Those we ordered are around that price. Not cheap for that regular size lol.


I am the Legend! :D


We also ordered the Tandoori Pork Burger. Instead of using the normal buns, they used pita breads. The pork was served outside of the bread wtf. It was served with some pickled vegetables which was quite appetizing but the burger itself was a little bit bland.




The last that we tried was the Korean Inspired, which comes with kimchi and bacon. Sorry la, I really do not fancy Kimchi because I think it has some weird tastes lol~ XD The kimchi on this burger did not taste that strong la, so I was OK with it. Those who like kimchi may think that it can have tasted better.




Overall, I still like the Urban Legend. Let's see whether there is fate or not for me to go back just for that burger~ Anyway, does petai always taste this nice? I have prejudice towards it. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment