Sunday 16 September 2012

Balik Kampung Getaway @ KK, Sabah

Those who know me already knew that I am actually from Sabah. I was born in Kota Kinabalu but I grew up in KL anyway. Considered KL people ar? More like anak tiri KL.. T.T


Anyway, my Grandparents and some of my other relatives are still living in KK. I do not normally go back, my last visit was five years back with my friends. My relatives will normally come to KL for leisure while visiting us and my Mom who would be the only one who travels back more often. However, my Grandma is ill currently and I decided to fly back to KK to see her. My first flight trip alone. :D


While waiting to board alone. I haz my MP3 player~ XD


Whenever I am back in KK, I will have this deja vu feeling. I haven't been staying here for a long long long time but still those childhood memories are still with me. (I did not grow up in Grandma's place either, but we visit her almost everyday until I was 4 years old. lol) It was so good to be home. :D


Street number is censored. Lol~


One thing about being in Grandparents house is that they forever think that I am hungry wtf. The moment I was awake from sleeps or naps, the first question I got asked was "Are you hungry? I have cooked fill in the blank". Grandpa is very good in cooking. :D I feel so thankful that I still can drink the soup and dessert cooked by him. And he really treats my weak Grandma very well, to the extend that I feel like crying when I see him holding her hands while she's lying on the bed asking her "What soup do you want to drink later, I'll make it for you." T3T


My cute Grandpa! :D


Although my Grandma is weak, but she still have the little energy of making fun of my Grandpa. :D She likes to tease him on whatever he said and done. I feel so grateful to see them together. It always make my day~ Wish my Grandparents 長命百歲. XD


Beloved.


I also get to meet my new nephew (Do I call him nephew? My cousin's baby) for the first time. He is so big and haz huge head. Haha. He likes to play with people and smile a lot. :D


Hello World! :3


Btw, life in KK is really boring. lol. I think I won't survive there long. It is too slow. People there wake up super early at 6am and go to bed as early as 9pm. Night time was very slow for me. Luckily they still have Astro and Streamyx. :p Even the cats there are different and they are afraid of human. >.<" I saw one stray Siamese cat which my Grandpa feeds everyday (Grandpa is really a nice person!). But the cat ran away when I tried to get near and hid below the car resting. lol. It has very nice fur and blue eyes. XD


It iz really cute! XD


Another best thing about my Grandparents place is the mango trees~ I think they are older than me because I remember eating the mangoes at my Grandparents' house since I was a kid. And they are the best mangoes I have ever tasted in my life. No joke. :D


OMG. I am missing it already. :P'


They got old already and the mangoes became smaller. :( Hope I can get back to KK very soon to see my Grandparents again and eat mangoes. Ngahahaha~


The legendary mango tree at Grandparents' place!

No comments:

Post a Comment