Wednesday 27 June 2012

Spasso Milano, Pavilion

I heard that they Spasso Milano had an outlet in Jalan Ampang previously. I have never gone to that outlet before and they have moved to Pavilion (Replacing the pricey Angus Grill) early this year. It is a porkelicious place, serving Italian Cuisine. :D My friend wanted to have something porky, so we dropped by to have a try.





They served Antipasti Buffet from 12pm to 3pm. We saw a lot of guests opted for that as their lunch option. We thought of trying their food quality from the ala carte menu before going for the buffet the next round. So we skipped it this time. :D





I like the setting of the restaurant. Spacious and classy. The service was not bad too besides the waitress could not explain well on the ala carte dish when I asked her about it. Anyway, at 12pm the restaurant was quite quiet and that's why I like it. Haha.





I had a glass of Iced Chocolate (RM15.80), served in a thin and tall glass. Quite pricey as it tasted a little like Iced Milo. :P It will be better if they top it with whipped cream. XD I like the fattening whipped cream on Iced Chocolate lol.





I had the Pork Valdostana (RM38), which is pork escalopes served with ham and cheese. The portion was scary for me, as it came with (big portion of) fusilli + broccoli. o.O Fusilli is one of my favourite pastas as it is kind of chewy~ I like penne too. :D





The two pieces of pork escalope were thick enough but the texture was very tender and juicy. Quite oily and over-salted due to the cheese and ham. We could smell the saltiness even before we took a bite on it. It would be better if the taste was slightly milder. The portion was huge that I could finish one and a half pieces of those escalopes. >.< (What a waste la me!)





My friend had the healthy Aglio Olio with not so healthy Pork Belly (RM32). There were three options of meat for the pasta. We could also choose our choice of pasta. :D My friend reckoned that that was the oiliest Aglio Olio she had ever had. Haha. It really looked oily, probably the oil from the pork belly. The pork belly slices were very juicy and VERY fatty. Haha. Layers of fats were so thick. o.O *heart attack*





I think it is a little bit pricey but I would like to drop by some time for their buffet anyway. :D I think it is worth for RM28. The food quality was good, just a little bit too fatty. *heart blockage* :P

No comments:

Post a Comment