Saturday 2 June 2012

Short Getaway @ Singapore Day 2

Let's continue on Day 2.

I did not get a good sleep the whole night. In fact, I think I did not even sleep. FML. Life still needs to be carried on anyway. XD So we had our complimentary breakfast at the hostel (Toasted breads and cornflakes) before heading towards Orchard for shopping of the day~




While waiting for Yi-Pei and another friend who is working in JB to come by, we shopped by ourselves in ION first. The basement floors have a number of cheap and average apparel shops. The upper floors were occupied with branded shops.There were a lot of eateries and a food court at the basement. We had our lunch at the food court when the friends arrived. Quite a number of choices and the Indonesian stall sells very cheap food. XD


Our phones! We are Galaxy group. :D


Then we walked around at Orchard before taking MRT to Bugis for more shoppings! :D Whoa, I like Bugis although it's packed. A lot of nice and cheap dresses. Heaven arrrr~~ XD But I ended up did not buy anything because I would be buying a lot if I do. :p The other girls did buy something though *clap hands*




We pit stop for tea time as my back bone was aching due to long walking. :p Yi-Pei suggested we try the Ritz Strudels across the road. It was a small cafe at the corner of the road opposite Bugis Junction. Although small, it was quite busy. I saw people in and out during our visit there. :D




Turned out that they really have very nice strudels. Good suggestion! Cannot remember how much does the mini strudel cost (Because someone was paying, thank you!), but it was crispy. The strudels were not too sweet, just nice with enough of filling. I like the Mango Strudel, the mango slices were sweet~ The Apple Strudel was not bad too. Can give it a try if you drop by that place. XD




After tea, there were more shopping and walking.. Till around 6++pm and both of the friends left after our dinner at McD.


Tiramisu McFlurry!


YChen and I headed towards Marina Bay Sands right after they left. :D We alighted at Bayfront station and walked around the shoppes. After sunset, we went out to the park to have a walk and took some nice photos although I was tad tired. >.<




We walked till the DNA bridge which was packed with people as well. I felt the bridge was shaking anyway lol.




There was some fireworks when we were on the bridge (Lucky us!). We got to see fireworks twice during our visit to Singapore, not bad at all. XD




We wanted to walk to the Merlion thingy across the lake but I was too tired and we backed off. There ended our short journey to the South on last weekend~ It's a fruitful trip. I got to go to USS finally, got to see my friends who are working far far away, got to walk around and got to spend my time out there which I usually just waste it like that. :p




Hope more trips are coming soon in the near future~ Adios~ XD


P/S: More photos can be viewed at here.

No comments:

Post a Comment